Sunday, 30 August 2015

Joining the 21st Century

I've finally done it.

I've updated from this:

 (my ancient, but trustworthy 9 year old Nokia brick)

and this:

 (my now obsolete 6 year old i-touch)

to this:
(my new i-phone 5s)

I'm loving the fact that my apps now work again and I can do my Tesco shop by scanning the barcodes on the products already in my kitchen!

I've also joined this:



Don't really get the point of it yet, but I guess it's hard to switch mindsets after blogging for nearly a decade.  

Now wrestling with the thorny problem of what to do when a "friend" of a "friend", who you know in real life, has sent you a friend request, but you don't really want them reading your facebook page. 

Oh, blogging is so much easier.

5 comments:

Strictly Jen said...

Facebook - either ignore, or accept but put her as a limited profile so she only gets to see certain things.

K Ville said...

You make them a 'restricted' friend and be careful to have your setting so your posts are to friends only and not public. Restricted friends don't see them. Use the view you profile as option to help you see what different people do and don't see. But mostly take care with what you do and don't say, once it's out there it is out there.

Working Mum said...

Thank you, both of you. I've set everything to friends only but I didn't know about the restrictive thing. Thought I'd better get to grips with Facebook before daughter reaches that stage - that gives me two years to learn all about it!

Sarah said...

Facebook can be great fun. My mum loves it for keeping in touch with family and friends. There are also some hilarious videos and jokes to brighten your morning. And of course, lots of cats. :)

Working Mum said...

Sarah, I'm just discovering how funny it is. And how moving- just reduced to tears by the schoolboys at the New Zealand teacher's funeral. Going to need to buy more tissues!