Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Last Sports Day

Today was daughter's last Sports Day.

I can say that with some confidence because in the Juniors all pupils take part in Sports Day, but from next year, in the Seniors, they have to be chosen to take part in an event, and as daughter is blessed with my sporting genes, she will be a spectator for the next seven years.

Whilst attending my last ever Sports Day as a mum I heard other, disgruntled, competitive mums complaining about the fact that the children are put into ability groups to take part in events, so those who are good at sports don't always get medals, whilst lesser sporty children do.

At the end of the day daughter looked like this:


That's right, six gold medals!!!

I have never seen her so pleased or proud of herself.

She even wanted to keep her t-shirt on until daddy came home so that she could show him.

That's why they are in ability groups, competitive mums!!

4 comments:

ADDY said...

My daughter had my sporting genes too, but thankfully excelled in other areas! Look on the bright side, at least you won't have to ever watch another egg and spoon or sack race again! I mean, what possible use do they have in adult life?

Linda Metcalf said...

Ah the sport thing....happy that my son didn't let it get him down. He went out for everything and sometimes sat on the sidelines but loved the participation :)

Sue said...

Hey! Remember me? Facebook threw up a blog post from 2010 and you commented. How are you? Your daughter grew up!

Working Mum said...

Hi Sue! Of course I remember you. I have popped into your blog from time to time, but not left a comment. Glad to see you're still blogging and yes, she did, a lot. She's nearly as tall as me!