Saturday, 13 June 2015

Get with the Programme!

I'm often heard to utter the phrase "Get with the programme" to hubby when he doesn't know what's going on in our family.   He really seems to opt out of responsibility for ensuring things get done and that people, primarily Izzy, gets to where she needs to be with the right stuff and on time.

However, there is one area where I stand firm.

Birthdays.

I do my side, he does his.

They are all written clearly in green ink on the family calendar in the kitchen.

No excuses.

Today, hubby said:

"Oh, it's Gary's birthday tomorrow and I've not sent his card"

It's been visible on the calendar since 1 June!

In that time I've:
  • sent my brother and his wife an anniversary card
  • bought my mum's birthday card and present
  • sorted out my dad's fathers' day card and present
  • sorted out hubby's fathers' day card and present
  • bought card and present for daughter's friend's birthday
  • bought presents for hubby's birthday from me and from Izzy

and he hasn't managed to post one card!

(There are several to choose from in a box in the study, where stamps can also be found)

GET WITH THE PROGRAMME!!
 


1 comment:

ADDY said...

Hahaha. Goodness knows why, but men just can't multi-task.