Sunday, 22 March 2015

The Voice

No, not the BBC programme; my voice.

This week I had yet another parents' evening and it was really hard work.  Despite having a bottle of water on my desk and constantly sipping it, I lost my voice a couple of times and by the end of the evening my throat was burning.

The following day my throat was still sore and I had a hundred children to teach.  No chance to rest my voice.

On Friday I was beginning to worry that I'd done something terrible to my voice, which is, after all, my job and my hobby, and something I can't afford to damage.

Then yesterday, in the beautiful sunshine, I took daughter for a walk in Dunham Massey and whilst we were walking my chest tightened up, my throat went dry, I started coughing and then I started sneezing.

Uh oh.

Another bug.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


So I went to bed at 6.30pm last night and I'm currently tucked up on the sofa with a blanket and a packet of paracetamol.

Ugh.

There's still two weeks and one more parents' evening to go before the Easter Hols.

Maybe chocolate will help?

4 comments:

Strictly Jen said...

Chocolate's bound to help! Hope you make it through.

ADDY said...

Definitely chocolate. And a glass of red wine. And no housework for a month!

Sarah said...

Oh dear! I hope you recover quickly. Chocolate may help, or try this:
http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2010/10/cold-kicker-remedy-a-tried-and-true-recipe.html

By the way, I took a course of propolis this winter and have not suffered from a single sniffle or cough. I took 20 drops with a bit of honey in the morning and it was pretty yummy too. :)

GRANNY G said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

xx