Saturday, 24 January 2015

Hello again

It's me. 

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Working Mum.

It's been a while, I know

In fact it's been six months.

A lot has happened in six months, but I'm still here.  Still working and slightly less "on the verge" than I was last June.  Mindfulness seems to be helping with the stress at work, Manchester Chorale is still keeping me sane and hubby has been given more time at work to do his job and has stopped working Saturdays, so all in all life is improving.

In fact, Saturdays are no longer a day to be dreaded; trying to get daughter to do homework, music theory, piano practice and clarinet practice, but now a day for more "Family Days Out".

Providing that City aren't playing, we plan and arrange a family day out.  We even put it on the kitchen calendar so nothing can override it.

So far we've been to Norton Priory:

Erddig for the Apple Festival:
(here's daughter trying to shoot an apple)

Manchester Museum, Imperial War Museum North, Lyme Park, Speke Hall and Rufford Old Hall.

Then last October daughter joined The Pony Club:

...... which may sound like an extra job for me, but........

.......... while she's busy mucking out, grooming and doing badges, I can go for a walk round the park and then call in the stables cafe for a cup of tea, sit on a comfy sofa and read my book!  Bliss!

 And now, with renewed optimism, I feel the need to blog again.

I think I'm back.

14 comments:

Jen said...

I visited the bog just this week because I realised you hadn't posted in ages, and I thought about trying to message you. Glad all is ok and I look forward to reading more. Jen from Strictly Guiding.

Helen L Conway said...

Good to see you pop up in Feedly!

Working Mum said...

Hi Jen - nice to hear from you, I thought I'd have lost my readers after six months. One of the things I haven't posted yet is that daughter has finally moved up to Guides! How time flies!

Jen said...

Lol, just realised my comment says bog not blog! I was looking on my own blog for Scotland posts before running a Scotland night and came across a post from you and thought wow, haven't seen anyhiing from her in ages. Checked your blog and saw it had indeed been 6 months.

Jen said...

And I'm really pleased she's gone to Guides, time does fly!

Maggie May said...

I was only thinking of you recently and wondered why you had appeared to have given up the blog. Glad to know that you're back and hope to see you regularly posting now.
Glad everything is fine.
Maggie x

Sarah said...

You pop up in my reader so there's no escape! :)

Glad to hear things are going better.

Anonymous said...

Please, please post a picture, if you did one, of your Christmas Cake.

Working Mum said...

Wow!All these comments overnight and I thought I'd be forgotten.

Helen - was reading your blog last night after thinking it's been too long, we need to meet for tea and cake!

Maggie - hopefully I've got my blogging mojo back.

Anonymous - I will,of course, oblige. Christmas cake next post.

GRANNY G said...

Good to hear from you and that you are getting some balance back into your life.
Look forward to seeing the cake pic.
xx

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Good to hear from you... Blogging sometimes needs a break! Glad you are ok, and thriving.

ADDY said...

Welcome back - I wondered where you'd got to.

Linda Metcalf said...

Glad to see you back....I kept hoping

K Ville said...

hey hey! Nice to hear from you and all sounding good too.