Tuesday, 6 May 2014

These Boots are made for Walking

Let me tell you something, I have fair weather walking boots.  

Comfortable, cosy and light, fair weather boots.  

And I've had them for 20 years.

I thought that possessing fair weather boots would mean that I would only walk in fair weather.

Hubby has other ideas.

Every walk he takes me on seems to feature walking through a stream or a bog until my feet are soaking wet.

Despite my protests that I own FAIR WEATHER BOOTS!

In an effort to make me buy some waterproof boots, hubby gave me some money towards some for my birthday present (last September) and has nagged me to buy some since.


So, on Saturday, I succumbed and bought these:

and yesterday we went for a walk on Alderley Edge to break them in.

As we were walking along the paths and through the woods I was carefully walking around the mud and puddles as usual.

"What are you doing?" asked hubby, "You've got waterproof boots now, you can walk through puddles"

"Oh no, " I said, "I don't want to get my new boots dirty"!

4 comments:

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

I used to live in Alderley Edge -as a child - always fascinated by it. We lived near the old Mill in Nether Alderley and I went to St Hilarys for a while.

You and your daughter might enjoy the book written about the area http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weirdstone_of_Brisingamen

:)

Working Mum said...

Fi - How lovely to live near Alderley Edge. I read that book when I was young and still have it and offered it to daughter on Saturday!

ADDY said...

Haha - i'd be the exactly the same!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Nice boots! I'm a mucker boots girl, bit like wellies but more durable and much stronger when working outside.

CJ x