Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas Cake 2013

It's that time again.

The Working Mum Christmas Cake.

I made my Christmas cake in October half term.  This year it was decided (mainly by daughter) that we would try a chocolate christmas cake, ie a chocolate fruitcake, so I used this recipe and have been feeding it copious amounts of brandy ever since.

Now it's time to decorate.

Much discussion now ensues between daughter and myself to decide the annual design and this year we went for this one from Good Food Dec 2012 edition:

Here's our effort:



If you want to try it yourself, here are the instructions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. That looks fabulous!

Enjoy eating it on the Big Day.

Happy Christmas.

Granny G
xx

Jen said...

That's fantastic, can't tell them apart! Well done!

Maggie May said...

Love your design!
I don't make them these days but in the past I used to.
Happy Christmas.
Maggie x

Nuts in May