Friday, 15 November 2013

Update

In the midst of November and still surviving.

Steroids now seem to be having an effect and my chest is not hurting when I breathe. Yay!

Side effects seem to be subsiding as I am weaned off the steroids so cramps have stopped, head clearer, can think straight again, no headaches and lost a couple of pounds.  Yay!

Written five sets of reports so far (another five sets to do before 3 Dec), marked countless tests and have organised our department's displays and interactive activities for tomorrow's Open Day. 

Solved childcare problem of tomorrow's Open Day by bribing daughter to come with me and help demonstrate the Mathematics of Bubbles in exchange for Hairy Dieter's Spiced Apple Cake tomorrow afternoon.

Nearly organised the departmental Christmas Do, although the old adage "you can't please all the people all of the time" springs to mind.  I may end up booking it on a day I can't go!!

Have arranged for old (as in 'long time', not age) friend to come over next weekend for tea, cake and conversation.  Yay!

Have arranged to go to Tatton at Christmas with my mum and dad the weekend after and booked Afternoon Tea at the Gardener's Cottage.  Yay!

Yes, there's a lot of cake involved, but who doesn't like cake?

All in all, not doing too badly!





3 comments:

ADDY said...

Let them eat cake, I say. Still sounds like you have far too much on your plate (apart from cake) and no time to rest.

Maggie May said...

I would be in a terrible dilemma if I had to go on steroids as they make me feel I'm going mad + depression. Terrible things but I know they can do good too if you can stand the side effects.
You sound highly organised with all your forthcoming activities!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

family Affairs said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Lx