Sunday, 15 September 2013

Too clever for her own good

Last week I had an Information Evening to attend at work and on the same day hubby was in Shrewsbury with a football team.  My evening started at 7pm and so we arranged that hubby would pick daughter up from me at school at 6.30pm when he got back from Shrewsbury.  (We didn't have time to both get home and then me back to work).

So I told daughter that I would take her out for tea, we would go to the local Pizza Express as a treat, but as we had to be back at school for 6.30pm there would only be time for one course.

I could see the cogs whirring, then she asked:

"Can I just have pudding then?"

*    *    *    *    *

(Just for the record, hubby arrived at school at 7.45pm, I was not happy)

2 comments:

ADDY said...

My kind of girl. Give me pudding rather than the main course any time!

Maggie May said...

I am a savoury person, really...... if I had to choose.
Your daughter knows what she likes........ which is good.
Maggie x

Nuts in May