Sunday, 29 September 2013

Lemons

On Friday morning I woke  up with a cold.  You know, coughing, sneezing, headache, aching bones, etc.

"Well, it's Friday", I thought, "I can make it through one day"

So off to work I went and managed to get through the day.

On Saturday morning I woke up to find we had no water.  

Can't have a shower, can't do the washing, can't even make a cup of tea.  A quick look at United Utilities website showed that there was a burst water main nearby which they were trying to fix.

So what do you do when life gives you lemons?

You make lemonade.

"Come on, Izzy", I said, "We're off out for breakfast"

Her eyes lit up.

Off we went to a local cafe where someone made me toast and marmalade and a pot of tea.  Bliss!

We went to the butchers, the bakers and the greengrocers to get some lovely food for lunch and then we toddled off to town where daughter withdrew some money from her savings account to buy some playmobil.  We had a quick flirt around WHSmith where daughter spent her voucher on two novels and I got two books for presents.

Home again and the water was back on.

Another cup of tea and Friday's "Strictly" on i-player.

Not bad for a weekend of lemons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your day didn't turn out to be such a 'DISASTER' after all!

Granny G x