Monday, 30 September 2013

It's not rubbish, it's a metaphor.

Do you know what this is?



It's a metophor.

It's a metaphor for the double standards that exist in the WM house.

You see, it's the wrapping and envelopes from my birthday presents and cards.

My birthday was on 18 September, this photo was taken yesterday.

Here's the thing:

On hubby's birthday he opens his presents and cards in bed and then leaves all the rubbish for me to put in the recycling bin because, and I quote,

"I don't have to clear up on my birthday"

Fast forward two months and I open my presents and cards in bed and leave the rubbish where it stays, for weeks, because, and I quote,

"It's your rubbish from your presents"

How long do you think it can stay in a pile in our bedroom this year?


4 comments:

Expat mum said...

Hmmmm...... you might lose this one. I have four cans of paint standing against the wall in an upstairs hallway from when we had the bathroom re-painted - two years ago. I thought I'd wait and see if it occurred to the hubby that they should be put away somewhere.....

Working Mum said...

Ha ha! I'm sorry, I find that quite funny. He probably thinks that's where they belong. I know I won't win with the rubbish, I'm just interested to see how long I can hold out!

Maggie May said...

Its the kind of thing that happens in our house frequently!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Sarah said...

Men are a funny bunch, they see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. He probably hasn't noticed that the pile is still there.

Of course, you could just say to him "following on from your birthday cleaning logic on your birthday, please apply the same to mine and clear up this mess".

You'll probably get a look of incomprehension. :)