Thursday, 26 September 2013

A Decade of Juggling

I think my current malaise is due to a decade of juggling.  A decade of trying to be a working mum.  Of trying to have a job, if not a career, or just a hobby as well as a family.  Sometimes it just seems too hard.

Take 6th November:

I have a Parents' Evening I need to attend at work from 5.30pm to about 8.00pm

Hubby has Speech Night he has to attend at work from 6.30pm to about 8.30pm

If I can get a babysitter who will give Izzy her tea (which I prepare the night before) and put her to bed, I can dash from school at 4.30pm to home at 5.00pm, deliver Izzy and rush back to school just in time to start at 5.30pm.

But then this week I got this bombshell from Izzy's piano teacher:

"Izzy's Grade 2 Theory Exam is on 6 November from 5.00pm to 6.00pm"

Aaaaaaargh!

How can I do that?

I think a working mum needs a wife!

4 comments:

Cal said...

Oh no. I feel your pain. I spent years doing this as my husband was always out of town and I had no support system. It's very stressful.

Expat mum said...

I think I just left a sympathy comment using my 10 year old's school Blogger ID. LOL

Suburbia said...

Yes you need a wife! One without a job though!!

Muddling Along said...

Yup I think you need a wife - it does all seem to clash at once at the moment, perhaps a symptom of Autumn, either way good luck with the juggling