Friday, 21 June 2013

Down with the Dreaded Lurgy

I woke up on Wednesday with swollen glands and feeling terrible: nausea, headache, aching all over, shivering, etc.

I took daughter to school and went to work as usual, as you do, but when I got there I felt so bad I went to see the nurse.  She took my temperature (37.9) and said

"Go home and go to bed, NOW!"

After sorting out my lessons for the day and arranging for hubby to pick daughter up from school I went home, got into bed and didn't move for nine hours.

In fact, I've been in bed for three days trying to bring my temperature down with paracetamol and ibuprofen.  I've pulled out of a concert I'm supposed to be singing in on Saturday, but the worst part is.................................

........................ I was supposed to go and watch Robbie Williams tonight at the Etihad Stadium!

Six months I've been looking forward to it.

Aaaargh!




6 comments:

ADDY said...

£$*&@*#. there - I've sworn for you. Do get better soon.

Maggie May said...

Hope you soon feel very much better. It is difficult for a mother to relax completely but I hope you manage to get enough rest.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear. What a shame!

Hope you feeling well soon.

Granny G x

Claire said...

Don't try to bring your temperature down unless it's very very high, let the temperature do it's work and kill off the bug that you've got. I know it feels horrible with shivering etc but you'll probably get better quicker! Hope you feel better soon x

Working Mum said...

Thanks, Claire, I did try, but 39.3 was insufferable so I had to resort to ibuprofen as the nurse suggested. I suffered five days of fever before I finally got over it last night. Horrible!

e said...

Sorry you missed the concert. I've been down with something for the last week and before that had a cold that lasted a month. The only reason I'm reading blogs is I can't sleep with this hacking cough. I'm glad you're on the mend.