Saturday, 29 June 2013

Cowpats

To quote Blackadder:

"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."

Having just got over five days in bed with swollen glands and a temperature that reached 39.3, I returned to work this week. 

I just wanted a quiet, easy week to get back on my feet.

But no, on Thursday a parent managed to smash my wing mirror whilst my car was  parked in the school car park. 

She did leave her number and when I phoned her to arrange a repair she kept saying how annoyed she was, but it's me that has the inconvenience of driving on a motorway twice a day with a smashed mirror (not easy), had to go to the garage today to get a quote to replace it (£354) and have to wait while she decides whether to go through her insurance or just pay, then I have to get it repaired.

Better put my wellies on.

You know, for the cowpats!

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Hoping you are OK. A lot of time has gone by since June.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Working Mum said...

Absolutely fine and enjoying the summer hols. I know, I've been neglecting the blog, my friend keeps telling me as well. Will post something soon. WM