Sunday, 5 May 2013

Sew far, sew good!

Calm has descended on the Working Mum household. I've got through the last four, very busy weeks and now I can relax a little.  Daughter's birthday is done and two of my classes have now gone on study leave, giving me a little more breathing space. 

I have a concert next Saturday, but with hubby taking daughter to "Wemberleee" for the FA Cup Final, I'll have the day to myself to wander around Manchester and have a pleasant meal with the choir between rehearsal and concert.

And this weekend, this Bank Holiday, extra long weekend, I had nothing planned!

A whole three days of not having to do anything (except daughter's homework and piano practice of course, oh, and the washing, ironing and cleaning, but that's just normal stuff) so, inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee I decided that I would revamp a couple of plain cardigans.

Here's my plain purple one:

And here's daughter's plain pink one:

A quick trip to Dunelm Mill yielded some braid, sequins, buttons and thread:

Now, the really hard bit:  

Find a place to hide in the house where no one will mither you, take a cup of tea, a Miss Marple DVD and a few chocolates to keep you going.  Then, a couple of hours later.............


Voila, new cardis!

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

They really do look like different cardigans, don't they? Very good idea.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Susanna said...

Very impressed. Watch out Kirsty Allsopp!