Sunday, 12 May 2013

A Day to Myself

It's not often it happens, but yesterday it did.  Hubby and daughter, along with a few friends, set of for Wembley for the FA Cup Final:


(We won't mention the score)

So what did I do while they were away?

Well, I pottered about the house for bit tidying and doing washing.  Then I nipped to the Post Office to post a package.  Then, I went in search of a fabric shop I had heard about:

I found Leon's Fabrics in Chorlton, which was a fabulous place, packed with loads of different fabrics and very helpful staff.  I just enjoyed looking through all their stock and I found some fabric that might be good for daughter's Victorian costume.

I came home to have a peaceful lunch, on my own.

Made a batch of fudge.  

As you do.

Then, it was time to head off into Manchester for a rehearsal for a concert.

Between rehearsal and concert I had a meal out with members of the choir. 

Good food, good conversation.

Then, after the concert, I came home to...................




(and this is the best bit)




.............. a neat and tidy house exactly as I had left it!!


6 comments:

Maggie May said...

Yes...... that last bit is the best bit!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

ADDY said...

Yip, yip, yipeeee!!
That fabric shop looks amazing - it looks better stocked than John Lewis used to be (and sadly is no more) in Oxford Street! I'd be as happy as a pig in muck, if there was one near me.

Michael Astley said...

I'm glad you had a good day.

I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and I'm truly grateful for the welcome that I've received.

:)

Enjoy your evening.

Working Mum said...

Hi Michael

Fancy you finding my blog! So glad you are enjoying being part of the Chorale. See you Tuesday!

catharinewithenay.com said...

Sounds like bliss!!

Michael Astley said...

Yes. I'll see you tomorrow evening.

I just googled "Manchester Chorale" and there was your blog, near the top of the results.

:-)