Sunday, 14 April 2013

You know all those plates I spin? I dropped one.

Life doesn't get any easier, does it?

Take this weekend.  I had agreed to do a cupcake demo at school on Monday knowing that I had all day Sunday to prepare while hubby took daughter to swimming and riding in the morning and a party in the afternoon.

Then, Manchester City decided to play a match at Wembley and there seems to be some unwritten rule that if your team plays at Wembley you have to go.  So, no hubby on Sunday.

This meant that I had to prepare for demo (about 5 hours work) whilst doing housework, supervising daughter's homework and piano practice and about 4 hours marking all on Saturday so that I could do daughter duty on Sunday. 

Just about doable.

I had arranged my Tesco delivery (with ingredients for cakes) for Saturday morning, but, when I got home from work on Friday I found signs all down my road from the council telling us to park in the next road because they were closing ours for the next two days for resurfing work. 

14 hours notice!!

Really?

Too late to cancel Tesco.

Luckily, Tesco managed to deliver early on Saturday before the road was closed, I got all my cake prep done, four lots of washing and ironing, supervised daughter's homework, music theory and piano practice and did 2 hours marking before we went out for dinner with friends.

Then, on Sunday I did swimming lesson, riding lesson, home for quick shower and lunch, then braved the Trafford Centre for the party.  I had to park virtually in Salford Quays, we hiked all the way to the Laser Quest and waited for the other girls from daughter's class.

No one turned up.

"Funny", I thought, "We're not that early".

I asked at reception.

The party had been on Saturday.

Oops!

Moral of the story:

Mummy can't do everything.

 


6 comments:

Kelloggs Ville said...

oooops! Do I remember a post you did about mums that didn't return rsvps for party invites or did and failed to turn up? I think we all just found out why! Men and football - obviously LOL!

Expat mum said...

Oh no. I remember driving to a pool party years ago, and on the way I suddenly got this awful feeling. Sure enough, the party had been the day before. Child was devastated so we had to head to the nearest pool anyway, and I had some groveling apologies to make at school. We've all been there.

Sarah said...

Luckily having a bad memory I can't remember if I've done that. I wouldn't be surprised though. I hope your daughter wasn't too disappointed. Mind you, she should also have remembered it was Saturday and not Sunday! :)

Maggie May said...

I feel giddy just from reading about your activities that seem beyond the ability of most humans....... then I learn that you really ARE human and made a mistake.
I find this vaguely comforting! (Otherwise I should have felt that I wasn't pulling my weight by a long chalk!)
Maggie x

Nuts in May

ADDY said...

Ooops. Easily done.

Liveseygirl said...

Oh dear. You are a very good wife I don't think I would have let my husband off, Wembley or no Wembley x