Saturday, 9 March 2013

My First Mothers' Day

Tomorrow is Mothers' Day.  I've learned over the years to not have any expectations and then I can't be disappointed.  Even on my first ever Mothers' Day, hubby invited his mum out to lunch with us as well.  However, this year, for the first time in nine years, it's going to be ALL ABOUT ME!!

My MIL (who has been with us on every Mothers' Day since I married hubby) passed away last summer and my mum is currently in New Zealand on a mammoth holiday, so there's only ME!  In essence, this year is my first proper Mothers' Day.

Hubby has promised me bacon butties for breakfast before he takes daughter swimming and asked what I would like him and daughter to make for lunch (to be honest, I think up seven meals a week, so it would be nice not to have to think up a meal, but to make sure I get something I like, I have obliged).  I'm having chorizo and butterbeans in red wine followed by chocolate fondants (hubby's specialities) with Ben and Jerry's Baked Alaska ice cream (on offer this week).

I'm hoping for a relaxing day doing just what I want (only slightly punctuated with supervising piano practice and ironing daughter's school skirt - hubby can't stand the pleats!) and without being mithered, whinged at, or interrupted.

Are my expectations too high?

4 comments:

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

That sounds like a good plan. Make sure you enjoy every single minute of it!

ADDY said...

Hope you have the day of your dreams!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Well, that sounds a good plan, and lovely food. I'm sort-of enjoying not having to do anything today, but missing them all, including Grandson! There's no pleasing some people! I do hope you have a lovely ME time. M xx

Maggie May said...

Hope your expectations were fully met and that you had a wonderful day.
Maggie x

Nuts in May