Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Making an exhibition of yourself

On Saturday I did a bizarre kind of concert.  It was the 50+ exhibition at Manchester Central (formerly G-Mex) and they'd asked us, The Manchester Chorale, to turn up and do a half hour slot to entertain the crowds.

When we got there we found that there were no changing facilities so we had to change in the toilets, that the stage was not a stage, but a catwalk (?!) and that we were competing alongside a Zumba class!

Needless to say it was not our best performance, we couldn't hear the conductor, or ourselves, and we had to abandon one quiet piece of music because we were drowned out by Beyonce!

Well, it was an experience.

I then wandered round the exhibition hoping that people would think,

"She looks good for her 50s!"

(I'm 43, by the way)


2 comments:

ADDY said...

You've got a long way to go to catch me up, but then again I've got a long way to go to catch you up with all your energy!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Same age as me! Sounds like a bix of a mix up but you got through it!!

CJ x