Saturday, 5 January 2013

New Year's Resolution

This year's resolution is to .........

.............STOP PROCRASTINATING.  

I know I appear to be a tornado whizzing through life doing a million things at once and fitting the proverbial quart into a pint pot, but secretly I do have a bit of a procrastinating habit.

The in-tray in the study can sit for months with statements to be filed and admin to be done.  I put off small tasks such as mending, sorting the recycling and posting letters for days.

It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't bother me, but it does.

Letter and cards sit on the hall cabinet saying "post me, post me" and the post box is only 30 second down the road!. 

I mend clothes with safety pins that then poke into my waist rather than get the sewing box out and sew the buton back on. 

I once had a suit I didn't wear for about 3 months because the hem had come down on the trousers.  Every time I opened my wardrobe they mocked me "you want to wear me, but you can't".

So, I have stopped procrastinating.

I have emptied the in-tray, I have mended my pyjamas and I have posted letters and cards.

And it feels good!

Let's see if I can keep it up when I go back to work............

10 comments:

Maggie May said...

Keep up the good work. I'm sure its only lack of time that stops you doing things. With me its probably laziness!
I should make that my New Years Resolution too. Stop procrastinating. Yes,,,,, thats it!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Expat mum said...

My husband and I thought about this vis a vis all the jobs that need doing around the house. I have a feeling though, that when I come to write everything down, the list will be so long that I will once again be paralyzed into procrastination.

Helen Conway said...

Great Resolution... So can I expect you to pick a date for that chocolate making course now ? :)

Catharine Withenay said...

Oh, if only I could do the same! I have so much respect for you managing those three tasks alone. 2013 may fly past you in a whirr of order and organisation, whilst I'm still wondering why the papers on the floor haven't been filed. Good luck!

JOHN said...

Very interesting blog.I added myself as a follower.Stop by and add yourself when you get some reading time. Im always looking for input on my crazy mishaps in life.
God Bless

Polly said...

Good luck, I can relate, it's frustrating

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Haha, I reckon we're all very good at procrastinating, I know I'm an expert!

CJ x

Claire said...

Well it's working so far - I got my card on time, thanks!

Rose Winter said...

I think you were doing well getting your papers into the in tray in the study. Mine are currently 'filed' in the slow cooker in the kitchen.

Working Mum said...

Maggie - I'm so organised at work, I think I let things go at home. No more!

Expat mum - just let him see a few at a time!

Helen - you are absolutely correct, will get onto it.

Catharine - is the floor not a valid filing area then?

Claire - yep, I'm even looking ahead at the next month's birthdays to make sure they get sent on time. Hope you had a good one!

Rose - that is so funny! Behind the tea caddy is our first port of call for post.