Thursday, 3 January 2013

Move over, Lord Sugar!

Here's a cautionary tale.........

At the start of the Christmas holidays daughter asked us to teach her how to play Monopoly.  Apparently there is a boy in her class who plays and raves about it.  Of course, we were too busy with Christmas activities to play, until today.

Today we had a free afternoon so we set up in the dining room and began.

I was banker, of course.

"Why are you the banker?" asked daughter.

"Because I look after the household finances.  I'm good with money."  I replied.

I've never seen anyone pick up the game so quickly.  She bought up properties, made deals to get full sets and proceeded to place not only houses, but hotels on almost all her properties.

Within three hours she had bankrupted us both!

"Perhaps I should do the house finances" she said!


7 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Oh sweet baby cheesus, my son loves monopoly still at age 17, on Christmas eve he threw a real hissy fit when his younger sister bankrupted him!!!!

Ann said...

Oh that's brilliant, yes a little Lord Sugar in the making there!

Claire said...

Stop with the deals to let her get full sets!!!!!

Suburbia said...

Fab!

I have to restrict my two to 30 mins otherwise they kill each other!!! It brings out the worst in both of them.

Maggie May said...

Brilliant! Lord Sugar needs to be informed!!!!!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Catharine Withenay said...

I love that! If only all children were that savvy with money. Correct that - if only I were that savvy with money...

Linda Metcalf said...

Ah...from the mouths of babes! Monopoly is a great family game...we enjoy it.