Saturday, 22 December 2012

Christmas Cheer

This year has been a very difficult one for all my family.  In August hubby lost his mum, in October my mum lost her brother and then very recently my sister-in-law's father was taken ill, described medically as "near death".  Hence I want to make Christmas dinner as lovely as possible this year.

I've planned the menu:

Mushroom Tartlets with Quails Eggs

*   *   *

Roast Turkey with Cranberry Relish and Cherry & Pistachio Stuffing
Vegetarian Christmas Pie

Roast Potatoes
Pigs in Blankets
Brussel Sprouts with Chestnuts & Bacon
Roast Parmesan Parsnips
Maple & Pecan Carrots

*   *   *

Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
Tiramisu
Chestnut and Amaretto Roulade 

*   *   *

Coffee and Chocolates

*   *   *


I've made my own Christmas Crackers containing individually chosen presents.

I've got beautiful things to dress the table.

I've made a Christmas playlist on my i-pod to play during dinner.

Daughter has practised playing Christmas Carols to entertain everyone between the main course and dessert.

Is is going to be lovely.

Fingers crossed.


5 comments:

Expat mum said...

Oh wow - I'm sure everyone will appreciate the effort you're putting in for hem. Have a great day.

Helena said...

What a menu! Can I come to yours this year! You're wonderfully organised.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2013. I know what it's like to have awful years.....♥ ☼ ♥

ADDY said...

The meal sounds lovely. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a better year next year, but build in some relaxation too!

Jill said...

It's been a traumatic year here too with several family members suffering ill health myself included, so roll on the new year and a new start.

Suburbia said...

Sounds wonderful, I'm sorry it's been a difficult year.

And don't forget to pencil in some rest time for yourself :)

x