Monday, 12 November 2012

Sausages

Yesterday I didn't feel like creating a big Sunday lunch  (more bad news hit the WM house; I've reached the point where I'm just putting my fingers in my ears and hoping it will all go away).  Hubby was going to watch City and would be eating his heated up at 5pm anyway, so I made good use of my free sausages (it was National Sausage Week last week; our butcher gave away 6 sausages free with every 1lb of sausages you bought, I bought a lot!) and made a sausage roast.

I had a butternut squash lurking in the fridge along with some carrots and onions so I added these to a casserole dish with some red wine, honey and mustard, topped them with the sausages and roasted away.

As daughter and I were eating it she announced:

"I'm not that keen on sausage roast"

"Well, it used up leftovers and it was easy for me to make", I replied.

"You know what's even easier?" she said.

"No, what?"

"Just the sausages!"

5 comments:

Expat mum said...

From the mouths of babes! LOL.

Kelloggs Ville said...

Up until daughter's comment I was following avidly thinking 'oh, I've got a squash in the fridge, yes got those.....ahhhhh' She's right and I'm sticking to her advice!

ADDY said...

You can't fault her logic, but it sounds lovely.

Suburbia said...

I guess she's right! Sounds delicious to me though...

Polly said...

Wonderful honesty! Sausages are great in any form!