Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Mission nearly accomplished.

Yesterday morning, at breakfast, I asked hubby if he had any cash.

"I've got a tenner" he replied.

"Good ", I said, "Tonight at Izzy's parents' evening, if you see Alex's mum, give her the tenner.  It's for the teacher's Christmas present" (Don't even go there)

Later that day I walked into Izzy's school for Parents' Evening and saw Alex's mum.

"Your husband's just gone through", she said.

"Did he give you some money?" I asked.

"No" she replied.

I walked through to find hubby sitting waiting our turn.

"Why didn't you given Alex's mum the tenner?" I asked.

"Aaaaah", he said, "At work today someone asked me for a tenner deposit for our Christmas meal, I opened my wallet, saw the tenner and said "I've got a tenner, but I can't give it you.  Carol said I have to use it for something else", but I couldn't remember what it was."!

It's a step in the right direction.......


5 comments:

Kelloggs Ville said...

£10....£10....blimey she must be a very good teacher (on a very small salary but a nice christmas bonus!)

Polly said...

Getting there

Maggie May said...

Can't trust a man to do a complicated thing like that!!!!!!!!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Sarah said...

Ten quid? Gosh, that's a lot. If you've got 30 kids in the class that's serious money! A bit over the top too imo.

When my kids were at primary, I gave €5 at the end of the year.

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville and Sarah - there are 16 children in her class, it's a private school where most parents are very wealthy (not us). I've blogged about this before; as I said, "don't go there", you really don't want to get me started!