Sunday, 4 November 2012

Getting Ahead

It's been a strange half term.  

A bit of a curate's egg.

We had a great few days in Northumberland, but had to return early for my Uncle's funeral.

We got some jobs done which we should have done in Summer (but were busy with MIL in hospital and the resulting funeral),  carpet cleaning, new guttering, sorting out the garden, cleaning the cars, etc.

We held a Halloween Party, I've been out with some friends and hubby has started saxophone lessons (don't ask!).

But most importantly, I have used this holiday to get ahead.

As a Working Mum, I have to get ahead when I can, and since the next half term is the most horrendous part of the school year, it pays to do things as early as possible.

So far I have:

  • made 10 sweet and toy filled jam jars for daughter's form's hoopla stall at the school Christmas Fair
  • bought chocolate and bottles for the tombolas at said Christmas Fair
  • made two dozen cupcakes and frozen them ready to ice for Christmas Fair
  • made and frozen a shepherd's pie for babysitter's tea next week when I have Parents' Evening
  • made and ordered Photobox calendars as Christmas presents
  • wrapped two presents for Christmas toy collections at school and church
  • written all my Christmas cards!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


Smug me!

1 comment:

Lorraine The Party Times said...

very impressed with this post!