Sunday, 14 October 2012

I could sleep stood up

You know that saying, I could sleep stood up?  

Well, yesterday, I almost did.

The last six weeks have been so busy and hectic with work, daughter, clearing MIL's house, fighting off a cold, being a third of a head of department, etc, that I could virtually drop.

Yesterday, I had to be up at the crack of dawn to take hubby's car for its MOT (he took my car to work and left me to sort it out, naturally), then I took daughter to Decathlon to buy warm clothes for our up and coming holiday in Northumberland (beautiful place, but a rather chilly east wind), made a harvest box for the Harvest Church Parade today, made a Roman costume (when will the costumes stop?), did four lots of washing and various other things, then, at 2.30pm I made myself a cup of tea and sat down at the kitchen table.

The next thing I knew it was 3.30pm!!

I had fallen asleep in a kitchen chair............... sitting up!

How tired do you have to be to fall asleep sitting up in a rather uncomfortable oak kitchen chair?


9 comments:

ADDY said...

At least it made you stop for an hour and R_E_L_A_X. Your brain knew you weren't going to do it of your own accord.

Maggie May said...

Hoping you catch up after your break and come back feeling refreshed and that the weather is kind to you.
I think that falling asleep in an upright chair sounds very dangerous.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Polly said...

Oh bless, you poor thing

Lorraine The Party Times said...

oh dear - school hols soon!

Expat mum said...

Wow. Knowing my luck I'd fall over sideways and crack my head on the floor!

Claire said...

Worst of all did your tea go cold and you had to make it again??!

I'd say pretty tired in answer to your question...and to the other question I have no idea when costumes stop as luckily we don't seem to have to do that kind of thing regularly. In fact (and I'm going to make you insanely jealous here), I've had to do two olden day costumes and a bee so far for two boys and a total of 9 years at primary school between them.....

aloted said...

aww.. hope u get a chance to rest properly...

Mummy Liz said...

I once fell asleep at the computer, I woke up when the keyboard starting beeping because my head fell on it!

Catharine Withenay said...

Oh crikey! I hope you are resting well! Enjoy your break.