Thursday, 13 September 2012

Stop taking my stuff!!

It doesn't take long to be back to normal at work and along with all the usual 'start of term' hectic jobs, I've had to contend with a few unexpected items:

Last week my printer disappeared from my classroom. 

The computer was replaced with a newer one, but the printer had just disappeared.

A few frantic e-mails to the IT helpdesk and it was located.

"We don't know why it was moved" they said.

Today, I went to the staffroom at break for 15 minutes to get a cup of tea and when I returned.................

....................... my desk had disappeared!

My big, sturdy teacher desk at the front of the room had gone.

In its place was a flimsy old computer desk.

(And my computer sits on a computer desk in another part of the room so I don't need a computer desk)

Oh, and there were six bemused sixth formers sitting behind it watching me fume. 

My old desk was sitting in the corridor, so I went there just in time to catch a caretaker about to take it away.

"Can I have my old desk back, please?" I asked.

"Well, we can only put it back after school" he said, and promptly took it away!

Is it me?

7 comments:

Maggie May said...

I would be cross too.
Hope you got it back!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

BNM said...

Pens are the ones that disappear in our office. I put one down and then it goes! (it may be my messy desk!!)

Hope being back in school is not too stressful!

BNM

Expat mum said...

Jobs worth - springs to mind! How very frustrating.

The mum of all trades said...

Lol this would drive me bonkers! I am religious about locking my classroom door anyway and write down everything that teachers borrow off me. Our new school is being started in March and I will have to relocate to a mobile, its going to be chaos keeping track of everything.

Lorraine The Party Times said...

I would have been more than cross...mad I reckon!!! Hope desk was returned

Polly said...

How frustrating

Family Affairs said...

How peculiar. Sit on desk and refuse to move in future. Lx