Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Babysitter booked?

Hubby wanted to go to City match tonight, naturally.

I have Chorale rehearsals every Tuesday, which takes prority; if he wants to do something on a Tuesday, he has to arrange a babysitter.  In the past his mum would generally babysit for us, but of course, not anymore.

When I realised this week's clash was coming up, I thought, "I'll see if he sorts out a babysitter".

On Sunday evening he realised that he needed to get a babysitter.

"I'll ask that Brownie leader who babysits for Lisa", he said.

"Good idea", I said.

"What's her name?" he asked.

"Amy", I relpied.

"Do you have her number?" he asked.

"On the noticeboard in the kitchen"

At that point I left to put daughter to bed.

Mistake.

Afterwards I asked him if he'd booked Amy.

"Oh yes", he said, very proudly, "She'll be here at 6.45pm"

"And how's she getting home?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said.

"Where does she live?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said.

"And how much does she charge?" I asked.

You can guess the answer.

4 comments:

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Think there's only one thing to say to that: "men"

hee hee

libby said...

It's all in the detail isn't it? and men tend not to do detail........

Polly said...

You can only laugh or you will cry!

Claire said...

one word - typical!