Friday, 31 August 2012

August

August was terrible.  

Literally the whole of August.

MIL came to our house on 30th July (hubby's birthday) and said she didn't feel well, thought it was gallstones.

By 27th August she had passed away.

Pancreatic cancer is stealthy, aggressive and deadly.

And bloody fast.

So August was a blur of hospital visits, supporting hubby, sitting with MIL during the night, running "Hotel WM" for my sister-in-law and her family and then helping to organise a funeral.

Nutters was cancelled.

I am drained.

To be honest, I could do with another summer holiday, but in reality I think I'll be glad to get back to school next week to experience some semblance of normality.

Normal blog service will be resumed soon.


17 comments:

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Really sorry. You must all be drained and shell shocked. So quick.

Kelloggs Ville said...

Oh I am so very sorry for your loss and send my love and condolences to you all.

libby said...

Oh dear....what a horrible time for you all.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, what a horrible time for all of you, and so fast.

Claire said...

You've had an Augustus Horribilis, hope the rest of the year gets better and thinking of you for Friday x

Maggie May said...

Oh...... WM I am so sorry to hear that.
Yes Pancreatic Cancer seems the most deadly. Really scary.
Hope you manage to get some rest somehow or other. Maybe half term you could do something special.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Expat mum said...

Oh my word, that's so awful. Condolences to you and yours.

__________________________ said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't comment much but always read your blog as there are so many things I recognise (FT teacher, mother etc). I hope the start of term is a chance for normality to return and that you can all recover from such a shockingly fast loss.

ADDY said...

OMG, that's awful. Take care of yourself and hubby too.

Muddling Along said...

Oh I am so sorry - sending lots of love in your direction xxx

Lorraine The Party Times said...

so sorry to hear your sad news - think routine and normality is just what you all need right now x

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Oh heck, I'm so sorry to read this. It sounds like you indeed had an awful time. I hope things are able to get back to normal soon, especially once school starts again.

Take care
CJ x

Polly said...

I am so sorry wm. my thoughts are with you and your family.

Janie said...

Lots of love to you and yours.x

En4tainment said...

so sorry for your loss

Mummy Cow said...

So sorry WM. Thinking of you and your family. MC x

Carol Miers said...

I hope you are managing to adjust after the shock and all holding up, wishing you a smooth term. Carol, France