Tuesday, 5 June 2012

And that was the Diamond Jubilee!

I do enjoy a Jubilee.  

This is my third and I've enjoyed every minute.

To start I decided to hold a Big Sunday Lunch with my family.  I put my bunting up in the garden and of course, it threw it down so we stayed indoors, drank our Pimms and watched the Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant from the comfort of our sofas.  What a sight!  Fantastic idea!

We had a Jacob's Feast where members of my family each made their speciality and look what we got:


Husband decided his speciality was barbecues so he cooked sausages in the garage:


 Daughter is into bread making so she made mini pizzas.

Of course, I did cupcakes.  

Strawbery Cream Tea Cupcakes to be precise:



Last night we watched the Diamond Jubilee Concert, which was a bit of an eye opener.  I think some musical "royalty" seem to have lost it. 

Lost it:  Elton John, Cliff Richard and Paul McCartney

Still got it:  Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Stevie Wonder

Have it:  Robbie Williams and Jessie J

Never had it, never will:  Sheryl Cole

Today I've watched the Service of Thanksgiving and I was glued to the TV during the lunch at Westminster House looking for the Head Boy and Head Girl from my school (they were there with the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths).  Didn't see them.

Now I'm drinking Her Majesty's health and looking forward to the Platinum Jubilee in 2022!

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

It was lovely, wasn't it?
You had quite a spread there and the table looked beautiful.
It was the river Pageant that I' really enjoyed ... though the Duke obviously caught cold on that chilly, wet day.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Mater familias said...

We thought the flotilla was pretty amazing. Never saw anyone as wet as the singers at the end though. BTW if you are free wed pm or thurs do text me.

Working Mum said...

Maggie - I thoroughly enjoyed the whole specatcle. Shame about the weather for the pageant, but it didn't stop the Queen from standing and watching for five and a half hours! She's amazing.

Mater Familias - yes, glad we didnt' get that gig. Mind you, we still don't know where we are singing on the South Bank in July - we may end up the same way!

ADDY said...

Gosh, that's a relatively quiet weekend for you! I was glued to the TV a lot of the time and felt proud to be British.