Monday, 28 May 2012

Kylie and Me

Last night I was watching "The Voice" (I'm still persevering even though they seem to want to turn perfectly good singers into shouty singers - what was Will thinking making the gorgeously toned Tyler sing Bohemian Rhapsody?) when the lovely Kylie Minogue appeared.

As I watched her sing and dance, looking about 20, I said to husband:

"Can you believe she's the same age as me?"

"And she's had cancer" he replied.

Not helpful.

Then she had a word with Holly and the camera showed her close up.

"It's okay," said hubby, "You can tell now, she's got lots of wrinkles"

Still not helpful.

7 comments:

Sarah in deepest darkest Lomellina said...

LOL, he tried.

Failed.

But still, he tried.

Kylie and I are the same age too. So all images of her are banned in my vicinity. On principle.

Pippa W said...

He was trying... he just needs some guidance lol.

libby said...

Yep I'm still watching too....and Kylie is a bit of a curiosity really so I don't fret that us real women don't match up to her in the looks/figure area......she is a very pretty very tiny little thing with no children who has had cancer and quite a colourful life, and yet I don't envy her.

Maggie May said...

Don't they just know what to say?

I'm a bit disappointed that some of the really good singers seem to have been voted off from the Voice. I wonder, are the public just going for looks?
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Kelloggs Ville said...

I think he did quite well, mine would have just said 'yup, she's looking good' !

I have a friend nearly 10 years older than me that looks 10 younger. I think it's in our genes. Kylie knows her luck. But I also know if I'd spent an hour 'in makeup' and worked out all the time I too would look tres bon, just as we all would.

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Men know all the right things to say, lol. I think she looked amazing.

CJ x

Polly said...

Isn't Kylie wonderful. I have loved her since I was a little girl and Dannii too. Its funny Dannii was actually more popular than Kylie, here when we were kids, but then Kylie had a fabulous career and is now on top.