Monday, 12 March 2012

Mother's Day is not a day off!

On Sundays I also help a friend's daughter with her maths in readiness for the madness that is the 11+ exams in this area. We have a jolly catch up chat while our girls play, then I spend 30 minutes in the dining room helping Amy with fractions, decimals, area, angles, etc. Yesterday my friend asked if I wanted a week off next week as it is Mother's Day.

"I don't have a day off for Mother's Day" I replied.

On hearing this, husband said,

"What do you mean? I'm going to cook you lunch"

"Are you?" I asked, in amazement.

"Yes, I'm inviting my mum" he added.

I turned to my friend and said:

"So I have to entertain the MIL while he cooks. I'd rather cook. As I said, I don't get a day off on Mother's Day, bring Amy next week"!

7 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

Your husband and my mine both forgot to stand in the selfless queue when qualities were being handed out!

Suburbia said...

So true, mothers day is for when we're old!

ADDY said...

Oh no. Not the dreaded MIL. Life is so cruel.

Catharine Withenay said...

Oh, if only mothers got a day off! I hope you enjoy your lunch anyway!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Funny, we were talking about this the other day. Amy asked why are sundays supposed to be rest days. I was struggling to answer because even though I did once know a Sunday to be a rest day (long before shops opened and supermarkets went 24/7), I don't think there is ever, has ever been or ever will be a rest day for us mums!!

CJ x

Lorraine The Party Times said...

it's the thought that counts ...apparently!!!!!

Polly said...

Whoops husband, well at least he tried.