Sunday, 4 March 2012

I seem to have forgotten where I put my memory

After another mad busy week at school (including yet another Parents' Evening) I have just had another mad, busy weekend.

I remembered to order fruit this week from Tesco, but pretty much forgot to order anything else, so today I was trying to make Sunday dinner from a butternut squash and a leftover jar of chestnuts - Squash and Chestnut Crumble, yum - I'm nothing if not inventive! Followed by fruit salad, of course.

Yesterday I took daughter to a swimming party miles away (okay, 30 minutes away) and then brought her home to discover that I'd forgotten to bring her swimming kit back with us (which she needed for her swimming lesson this morning), so it was a 1 hour round trip to retrieve it.

Also yesterday one of the mums asked me if Izzy could attend her daughter's birthday party next Saturday at Build-a-Bear (she hasn't actually booked it yet, but was just checking). "Oh yes", I said, "We haven't anything on next Saturday".

I had totally forgotten that I have an entire day's singing workshop and Izzy is going to work with hubby. Had to text the mum this morning who kindly said she would try to book it for tea time so that Izzy can still attend.

This afternoon I think I discovered the cause of my forgetfulness. After lunch I felt pretty ropy and really tired and actually took myself off to bed for an hour (something I never do), then I woke up with.................

.................. a stinking cold!

Figures!

After tea daughter and I watched this week's Masterchef episode (our favourite programme) and after much debate Izzy said Shelina will win and I said Tom will win. Suddenly, Izzy turned round to me and said

"Wanna bet?"

(She always picks the winner of Masterchef, so she was very confident)

"Okay", I said, "What shall we bet?"

"If I win, you buy me a pack of Moshlings, if you win, I'll buy you a bar of Green and Blacks"

Now that's something I won't be forgetting!!

6 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

Awww poor you, at least the cold has come in after come dine with me.

ADDY said...

Get well soon. At least you can cuddle up to the Green and Black's and enjoy being ill!!

Tawny said...

Awww I hope you feel better soon, Green and Blacks are a wonderful cold rememdy :)

Suburbia said...

Aww, sweet :)

Get well soon

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Haha, it's amazing what we "can" remember isn't it?!!

CJ x

Catharine Withenay said...

I love it!

Fancy sharing the Green & Black's...?!