Monday, 13 February 2012

Simply Symphony

It's half term! Yay!

I don't have any plans, just some R & R.

I plan only to bake, lounge about and possibly take daughter ice skating for the first time ever.

Yesterday, however, was a busy, but good day.

I left the house at 9am, got on a coach at 9.30am and was driven to Birmingham where I, along with the rest of the Manchester Chorale, sang at Birmingham Symphony Hall.

I'd never been there before and I was very impressed.

What a beautiful concert hall!

(Although the Bridgewater Hall will always occupy a special place in my heart and cannot be usurped)

We sang, got back on the coach and were driven back to Manchester.

I arrived home at 6.00pm having not had to worry about a single thing all day except singing.

Fabulous!

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

If I can get rid of my virus in time, I will be singing at Bristol's Colston Hall in a couple of weeks.
We all wear black with a splash of red. What do you wear?
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Suburbia said...

Sounds perfect :-)

Working Mum said...

Maggie - sounds like a good concert, hope you are well enough. Our chorale uniform is a custom made long black dress with a turquoise blue scarf - you can see a picture here: http://www.manchesterchorale.org.uk/join-us.html

but for some of the big concert hall concerts we just wear all black; long black skirt and a three quarter sleeve black shirt.

Our men wear all black (suit and shirt) and a turquoise blue scarf.

I think we look pretty smart!

Working Mum said...

I meant the men wear a tie, not a scarf!!