Thursday, 19 January 2012

Pardon?

Driving home from school today I was testing daughter on her times tables:

"What's five times six?"

"Pardon?"

"WHAT'S FIVE TIMES SIX?"

"Thirty"

"What's four eights?"

"Pardon?"

"WHAT'S FOUR EIGHTS?!"

"Thirty two"


And so it went on. After every question I asked, she said "Pardon" and I repeated it.

Eventually I got fed up of it:

"What's going on? Why do you keep saying "pardon"? Are you playing for time?"

"Pardon?"

"WHY CAN'T YOU HEAR ME?"

"I've got my earmuffs on!"

Fair enough!

8 comments:

Polly said...

Oh dear, thanks for the giggle.

Expat mum said...

Ha ha ha. Got to love it!

Maggie May said...

I still think she might have been playing for time, ear muffs or no ear muffs!
Funny post.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

ADDY said...

I thought - playing for time - too.

Mummy Cow said...

Lovely post. However, I am now competing with earphones, rather than ear muffs. Oh the joys of parenting!
MC x

Crystal Jigsaw said...

That's so cute!!! Nice to smile on a Monday morning!

CJ x

Catharine Withenay said...

Great! At least she had a valid excuse. In our house, it is usually me asking, 'Pardon?' as my son mumbles in a teenage grump something incomprehensible. And I have another two years to go until he is 13...!

Jenny Johnston said...

Haha, remind me of my wee boy. He constantly says "pardon" whether he hears me or not.