- I attend our first "Come Dine with Me" with friends absolutely fantastic evening, great food, hysterical entertainment and a very high standard set for me to aspire to - I'm the next host (more details in a later post)
- Daughter loses her PE bag or, more accurately, someone "borrows" it without asking and I spend three days scouring cloakrooms, changing rooms and bag racks until it suddenly turns up where she orginally left it
- I abandon a Chorale rehearsal due to my inability to find a parking space near the RNCM in the dark, cold and rain that doesn't involve walking through dodgy places on my own in the dark
- I suffer a very stressful Parents' Evening why, oh why, have the government decided to heavily fine oversubscribed unis which has lead to universities refusing to give pupils offers lower than AAB and hence parents, understandably, getting very anxious when their child is not achieving a grade A standard and blaming teachers for not teaching their child to get a grade A? (If I could teach every child to get a grade A, I would write the book and earn a fortune!)
- Daughter loses her school library book (risking a bill from school which will cost her her pocket money from now until Easter)
- I have my lessons cancelled by my Head of Department because I was seeing double (stress related problem where my brain can't process two different images from my eyes - an hour sitting in a dark room fixed it)
- Daughter loses her snack time fruit tub (notice a theme emerging here?)
- I ask husband to drive me to RNCM at 6.30pm, nip home to receive Tesco delivery between 7 and 8 and then return to RNCM with daughter at 9.00pm to pick me up, Tesco don't turn up, half the band get stuck on the M62, concert is delayed for over an hour and I finally get home at 10.00pm, thanks to a lift from a fellow Chorale member!!