Saturday, 31 December 2011

Spread a Little Happiness

I've pretty much given up making New Year's Resolutions. It's such a bad time of year to make changes and I've ususally failed by 10 Jan (ok, 2 Jan), but last year I made a sort of resolution to be more positive. I decided to resist the urge to moan or complain and, instead, to see the good in things, to make a concerted effort to be happier with my lot.

I do think you can get into a mindset of being unhappy and negative (I refer you to my MIL), therefore I think you can do the opposite and develop a more positive outlook on life instead.

To a certain extent it worked; I felt like I had a more pleasant time at home and at work and, if you ignore the little wobble in June when hubby crashed the car, I had a pretty good year.

Well, this year, I've decided that my sort of resolution will be to spread the happiness and try to do some random acts of kindness when I have the opportunity.

So here's to spreading a little happiness in 2012:


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

11 comments:

Suburbia said...

That's lovely, I have had the same thoughts over the last year, though it wasn't a resolution. Random acts of kindness really make you feel good :-)

Happy new year !

Maggie May said...

Happy New Year.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

BNM said...

Hope you get to drink all that tonight!!

Happy New Year

BNM

Mummy Cow said...

Happy New Year WM. I hope 2012 is a great one for you and I love your resolution. I shall try to adopt it myself. I haven't blogged as life has been tough and I didn't want to fill the blog with moans and groans. However, I feel some positivity coming on! Here's to a great 2012!
MC x

Kelloggsville said...

excellent - if you wouldn't mind popping over and starting with the decorating I need doing - you'll feel great afterwards - no honestly you will :) Happy New Year xx

Polly said...

Happy New Year to you and I love your resolution.

Helen Conway said...

I see your atavar has the large drink but, judging by the screen contents, clearly your atavar husband was in charge of the virtual TV controls! Like real life?

Catharine Withenay said...

Ah, your blog always spreads a little happiness in my direction. Even when you're grumpy!

Happy New Year!

(My resolution ought to be to be a better blogger and commenter: I fear failure, so never say such things!)

FamilyAffairs said...

Happy New Year to you - I too could spread a little more happiness if I had a vat of Pina Colada to drink at all times Lx

Crystal Jigsaw said...

A happy new year to you, flower. Hope that happiness spreads far and wide!

CJ x

lynze said...

Happy New Year Working Mum.
My resolution is to go to the JustSo Festval again with DD but camp the whole weekend instead of just going for the day. Have you heard of it/been? Izzy would love it. It's in Leek, Staffordshire. Festival for family and Kids. Google it. It was fabulous last year.