Monday, 24 October 2011

It's Wagner, but not as we know it!

As part of her musician's badge, daughter needs to talk to the tester about some music she enjoys. Now, over the last few months I have been trying to broaden her horizons and have been introducing her to some classical music. Mozart has featured heavily, but there have been other pieces which I thought would appeal to a child and I hoped she would choose something that I have played to her to talk about.

"I like that 'Raid of the Vikings' " she said.

"I don't know that one" I said, "Sing it to me"

She promptly did:

"Da da da daaaah dahhh, da da da daaaaah daaaaah"

"It's the "Ride of the Valkyries", sweetheart"

6 comments:

Expat mum said...

Oh, how very sweet.
One way my kids got into classical musical was to act out Tom and Jerry cartoons to them. (No, this was their own invention, not something I devised.) With very dramatic music (Like the Raid of the Vikings) you can literally see Tom and Jerry racing around and bashing each other on the head. Hilarious.

Jen said...

Sad thing is, I knew just which song she meant, I can never remember the right name either!

Kelloggsville said...

I think raid of the Vikings would be slightly more metal!

Tawny said...

So very close!!! At least she knows what classical music is. I have no idea at all!

Claire said...

Excellent - I bet it'll be Raid of the Vikings for ever onwards in your house!

Lorraine The Party Times said...

MADE ME LAUGH!