Saturday, 15 October 2011

Concert, Curtains and Cake

It's another busy Saturday morning: I've done the Tesco shop, unpacked it whilst doing four lots of washing (all the while husband sat watching the rugby, don't go there) and I've got two minutes to check my e-mails before I have to get ready to go and do a concert tonight for which I haven't yet memorised three pieces of music (wonder if I can do that whilst driving to the venue?)

Whilst whizzing round the house tidying up I noticed our weeping fig had very aptly weeped sap all over the carpet, cabinet and curtains in the lounge and during the last six slobby weeks, in which I have only entered the lounge to open and close curtains, the sap has happily grown some lovely green fungus on the cabinet and curtains - aaaaaargh!!

Good job I've just broken up for half term and can now sort the house out.

And I will find time to phone Brown Owl, promise.

Oh the joys of being a working mum!

And the cake?

Well, I've bought a pumpkin to make Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes.

Watch this space!

6 comments:

Maggie May said...

You have broken up a week ahead of us.
That is a nuisance about all that sap! I think it would get binned if it lived here! (The plant I mean!)

Going back to the Brownies, I have found out that the child works from a hand book that you should have and when your daughter has completed the chosen task, she then tells Brown Owl who gets someone in to test the child and then they get their badges a week or two later. Choose another task out of the book etc. Bet she will get many!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Polly said...

Life as a working mum huh, somedays i don't know where it begins and ends!!

ADDY said...

What do you do for the other 23 hours a day??!!!!!

Working Mum said...

Maggie - thank you for finding out about the hand book; I think it contains the same info as the website. I've now printed off some badge info and daughter can start working on some - "Rider" badge being her first choice, of course.
PS The fig has been banished to the garage for now!

Polly - I just need four more hours in a day........

Addy - drink tea and eat chocolate! (I wish)

lynze said...

I did the 'Rider' badge as a young Brownie many years ago. I can't tell you how proud I was to get that badge! Izzy reminds me of myself.....pony mad! I'm almost 35 and still the same...!!!!!!!

Working Mum said...

Lynze - that was the first badge Izzy said she wanted when we looked at the website!