Sunday, 11 September 2011

Is it half term yet?

Where did that week go?

I've been rushed off my feet with all the new term stuff, including settling daughter into year 3 and pursuading her to do her homework each night. (She's reluctant to read aloud after a summer of reading to herself and she said she couldn't write about "Autumn in my garden" because it isn't autumn yet, see? all the leaves are still green - sometimes she reminds me of that girl on "Outnumbered")

Here's a short version of the week:

Monday; INSET day. Discovered that my personal tolerance for listening to information is about a quarter of the time I had to sit and listen to stuff. Hope I didn't miss anything vital. Also discovered that my interactive whiteboard in my classroom was broken, have to teach without a board.

Tuesday: Pupils back in school and I went back to Chorale; consequently lost my voice half way through the first rehearsal. IT told me that my interactive whiteboard needed a new power thingy (technical term).

Wednesday: Dealt with all the parents' complaints from the first day. (Really, who complains that the lessons are too easy for their child after one day? Of course we start off gently, they can't remember anything after eight weeks' holiday! And, yes, the year 7 text books are used; at £15 a time we try to keep them a while before replacing them! ) IT said they didn't have a power thingy so they've ordered one.

Thursday: Introduced the sixth formers to the library; hoping they remember where it is. IT said power thingy should arrive tomorrow.

Friday: Year 7 Clubs Fair, Dinner Duty and Epipen Training to fit in around teaching lessons. Power thingy will arrive next week. Ready to hit the bottle!

This week is going to be even more hectic as I have an Information Evening to attend and daughter starts singing in a choir and piano lessons.

Oh the joys!

5 comments:

ADDY said...

Roll on half-term!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

haha, I was moaning last week about Amy going back to school; I was moaning on Saturday about it being weekend and her NOT being at school!! She's being a complete nightmare lately - attitude problems!!

Thought you might be interested to know that Thinking is back up. You can access her blog again by going through her profile. I've had a look through her recent posts and doesn't seem she's been copying any but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, she hasn't had the decency to take the copied ones down.

I'm not sure there's anything else we can do now apart from keep our eyes on her blog and if we recognise any of our posts, just report her again. I'm pretty furious with Blogger to be honest, to know that they've allowed this to happen.

CJ xx

Working Mum said...

CJ - thanks for letting me know about "Thinking", I do think that Blogger should have shut her down, I don't know how she has managed to put the blogs back up again after deleting them. She has, however, removed the post in which she plagiarised two of my posts or I would be on the case again. If she hasn't removed yours, perhaps you should inform Blogger again. I will keep an eye on her.

Lynze said...

I tried to get on it but it says you can't read it. I wanted to post on it and remind her she is a waste of cyber space!

If your reading this 'thinking' you should be ashamed of yourself.
Working mum on the verge and others are the real deal and actually blog about their REAL lives unlike you!
Rant over!!

Sounds like a busy week for you WM....roll on half term!

Lorraine The Party Times said...

always takes so long to get back into routines of term time etc - hang on in there!