Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Give me strength!

Izzy is away at my parents' for a few days.

Husband is off work today so he asked what we should do.

"Well, I'm going shopping for school shoes" I replied.

(That's school shoes for me, not Izzy.)

"I'll come with you" he said, "I'll just nip to the barber's first. I'll go on my bike."

Off he disappears into the garage to get his bike out.

Five minutes later:

"My bike's got a flat tyre. I'll have to drive."

Then:

"I'll nip to the dry cleaners while I'm in the car and pick up my suits"

Half an hour later he returns:

"I'll just phone the bike shop"

Then:

"They've got an inner tube, I can drop the bike off on our way"

Will I ever get to the Trafford Centre?




7 comments:

Polly said...

arghh sadly I seem to have this conversation in my house too.

Maggie May said...

Well you know they hate shopping!
Your school shoes.... are they black lace ups or with a bar going across the instep! LOL!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

libby said...

Sometimes a husband can be like another child can't he? or is that just in my house.....

Tawny said...

Did you get there? K was away with Sea Cadets this weekend and we were lost!

Working Mum said...

Maggie - a bar across with a buckle!

Tawny - eventually, after getting wet carrying daughter's bike to the bike shop along with husband carrying his as he thought her tyres could do with checking!!

Kelloggsville said...

Ohh buckles won't be friends with your tights. Best stick to socks (and shopping alone)!

Get Well Soon Flowers Delivered said...

Oh i hate these conversations..they happen all too regularly in my house. It is worse than taking the children with you!