Sunday, 19 June 2011

Good Day at Good Food

I had a great time at the Good Food show yesterday with my old school friend. You know you are meant to be friends when you independently choose exactly the same three courses at lunch and you both pick the best sausages in the show!

(Thanks, H, for organising the trip when I was too stressed to think about it!)



I was overexcited watching John Torode and Gregg Wallace in full flow hosting a Masterchef cookoff between Dhruv Baker and Tim Anderson. I chose Tim's dish, but Dhruv won; I never pick the winner.

I watched a bread making masterclass by Paul Hollywood from The Great British Bakeoff:

Unfortunately, they sold out of his book at his booksigning, so I didn't mangage to get a signed copy, but I have his recipe for stilton and grape flatbread that I just have to make.

I had lunch at the Masterchef restaurant (courses inspired by those made by Masterchef winners) and enjoyed an hour of peace eating good food and drinking good wine with good company, before hitting the stands again.

I sampled lots of fabulous food and purchased a few, including this:



Well, how could I resisit cheese with chocolate?

(click on the picture to go to the website if you want to get some yourself)

Believe me, it is delicious; I sampled it four times, just to make sure. Just had to.

I got home just before bedtime and told husband and daughter all about it and they, being great Masterchef fans, are so jealous that they have insisted that we all have to go next year.

I think I could manage another visit!


13 comments:

Maggie May said...

I love cheese & I love chocolate..... but not together.....!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Catharine Withenay said...

Chocolate AND cheese? Food heaven!

Glad you had such a wonderful day out (no, not in the least bit jealous, no no no, not at all...)

family affairs said...

wow, you sound like you had the most fantastic day!! Lx

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

You sound like you had a fabulous day. Cheese and chocolate? Hmm. Both are supposed to keep you awake. Did you sleep?

Groovymum said...

Wow I would love to go to the Good Food show, maybe I will try next year. Chocolate cheese sounds intriguing...

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Oooh, I was right. Lucky you; sounds like you had a feast!!

My husband is stuck in the 1950's, that's definite! We have roasties in goose fat often and he's always banging on about how amazing cooking and food was back then "when I were a lad" yawn....

CJ xx

Michelloui | The American Resident said...

I am typing around my drool... you've made me hungry! What a fab experience!! I am completely envious (not just hungry)!

Jen said...

Yum, those biccies look good!

Suburbia said...

Sounds great, would love to try the cheese/choc.

Nothing better than a best friend :)

Mrs Average said...

Days out "Dont get better than this".

Lorraine The Party Times said...

glad you had such a great time!

Mummy Cow said...

Hi WM,
I hope all is well with you. It's unusual for you to be silent for so long! I really hope you haven't been struck down with the end of term bugs and that you are not going to be completely on your knees when the final bell goes in a few weeks.
MC x

Girl in the Red Shoes said...

Very Jealous would have loved to go