Sunday, 1 May 2011

Three Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Three

For a while now, on the advice of my speech therapist mum, I have been encouraging daughter to pronounce her "th's" properly. My mum says that this is the age they need to develop the "th" sound and if she doesn't it could be a problem to correct it later.

So, she has been trying really hard to pronounce words like "three", "the" and "then".

I've even heard her practising to herself:

"three thousand three hundred and thirty three"!

However, I felt she'd gone a bit too far last week when she asked me if the Royal Wedding was on Thriday!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Cute. My boy had speech therapy just as he started school, and having worked hard to get him to distinguish his k and t, I was surprised when he came home talking about a new friend Koby. No, sweetie, it's Toby, I said. Remember what you learned? No, it's Koby, he insisted.

You know what I am going to say, yes? I found out the next day there was a boy called Kobi in the class.

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

She'd have a job understanding Cockney then. Forty fousand fefers on a frush.

Polly said...

Bless her little cotton socks!