Sunday, 15 May 2011

Pot of Gold

As Kelloggsville so rightly pointed out, daughter becoming seven also means the move from Rainbows to Brownies.

How did that happen?!

One minute I'm taking her to Rainbows for the first time, attending her Promise Party and sewing badges onto her tabard, now we're discarding the tabard in favour of a sash, jogging bottoms, t-shirt and hoodie!

She's talked about Brownies for the last few months and about how grown up it's going to be, the adventures she's going to have and going away to Brownie camp. She was so ready.

So last Monday was her last ever Rainbow meeting:



where she got her "Pot of Gold" badge (at the end of the Rainbows, get it?). I promptly sewed it onto her Brownie sash and on Thursday she started Brownies:

How grown up does she look in her Brownie uniform?

Another of life's little milestones.

9 comments:

Jen said...

She looks so sweet in the first pic and so much bigger and cheekier in the second - just the way I like my Brownies to be. I hope she enjoys Brownies as much as she did Rainbows.

Catch the Kids said...

She looks fab in that uniform. I loved Brownies and Girl Guides and have many happy memories of proudly earning badges.

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

Aww bless. You'll turn around and she'll be joining Guides. It goes so fast - believe me.

Suburbia said...

lovely photos of her.

You wait until she goes back to Rainbows a Young Leader! Mine has just done that and loves it so much. Now where did all that time go?!!

Kelloggsville said...

Rainbow to Brownie in the scroll of a mouse! Blink and she will be a Guide. Children are only lent to us. I remember saying when daughter was 4: this is it, the best time ever it won't get any better than this. Actually it does, every year she grows and changes but I'm loving it all :)

Maggie May said...

Our Millie is a Rainbow but doesn't have a tabard. She has a pale blue T shirt and a red jacket & hoodie!
She will be a Brownie next Easter.

Sister Amber joined the cubs as she wanted none of that *girlie* stuff.

Your little one looks great!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Oh I love the new Brownie uniforms. We had those awful brown cotton dresses when I was a brownie and I hated wearing them!!

Hope she enjoys Brownies!

CJ xx

Polly said...

Wow, time flies so quickly huh? I hope that she loves Brownies.

Red Wolf said...

Yes, I have just been there. My little girl is now a Brownie - and the big question is where do I put her Pot of Gold badge on her sash. I think I now have the answer.