Sunday, 22 May 2011

Not Fretting

Sunday.

Day of rest.

Well, thanks to a broken washing machine, it is.

No washing, drying, folding or ironing for me today!

Unfortunately, a broken washing machine also means that the Working Mum household are heading for slobsville. I've hand washed daughter's school dresses, but anything else will have to wait until I can get a new machine at half term. So no clean PE kit, towels or bedding.

See, that's a thing about working full time, you can't deal with stuff that goes wrong until the next time you are off work. Sure, I could order a new machine on t'internet, but when could I take delivery?

So, I'm not fretting about it.

Nor am I fretting about that toothache I've got, but can't get to the dentist until half term.

Nor am I fretting about the up and coming Speech Day at school where daughter has to attend school 11 am - 12 noon and I have attend from 1 pm - 6 pm and thus don't have enough time in between the two to deliver daughter somewhere that can look after her 'til 6.30pm.

Nor am I fretting about daughter's Sports Day, which this year is on the same afternoon as my school Sports Day (and it's the same school), so I am unlikely to be allowed time off to cheer her on even though she'll be on the next field!

No, I'm not fretting, honest!

6 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

At out local electrical you can order online and they do a saturday delivery. You are talking to the 'average a 60 hour working mum' expert. I get very annoyed if things pop up from school short notice. Short notice doesn't fit into my working mum wardrobe. Once listened to the cross country by mobile but it's not really the same for me or her. Sigh. It has it's plus sides too. Neglected children will be way more independent and able to look after themselves when they leave home and hey, I really enjoy sewing school book day costumes at midnight, ok I might be lying there :)

Maggie May said...

This seems typical of the pace of living today......sigh....
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Lorraine from The Party Times said...

sometimes life just goes that way - but what can you do! keep smiling - nearly half term!

KLo said...

There is always something ... I really wish I'd learned how to juggle somewhere along the way so at least I'd have a concrete visual of what my life is like ;-)

Good luck!

Helen Conway said...

Ah you see this is where you went wrong marrying someone your own age - you need a retired husband to take deliveries all day long! Works for me!

Working Mum said...

Helen - any chance you can lend him to me for a few days?