Monday, 16 May 2011

Flying Solo

Finally, my exam classes have gone on study leave.

Over the last three weeks I have marked 194 past papers for them.

I've helped, cajoled, pushed and encouraged them for long enough.

They're on their own now.

(Apart from when they come back into school to ask me for help, of course)

Over the past year, every time I've taken cakes into school my year 11 pupils have asked if they were for them and I had to disappoint them.

So, this time, I baked cakes for them.

I made lemon and lilac butterflies to symbolise their growing wings and flying off on their own.

I think the symbolism was lost on them.

They did enjoy the cakes, though.

4 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

they are too good for year 11's !!

libby said...

Have a cup of tea and a lie down...you deserve it!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oooh, yum. Wish I could reach out and grab one now to have with my cup of tea! x

MilkChic said...

Beautiful, delicate cakes. Bet they were demolished in seconds. Good luck to your Year 11s!