Friday, 13 May 2011

About being seven

Yesterday daughter declared that it is no fun being seven and she wished she was six again.

Why?

Well, when daughter turned 7 last month we instigated some new rules:
  1. Use knife and fork properly
  2. Tigger to stay in bedroom (to prevent thumb sucking)
  3. No getting up again after being put to bed (it was starting to become a habit)
It seems that these rules are not acceptable to her.

I did point out that other things changed when she turned seven:

  1. Her pocket money went up to 70p per week (it's always ten times her age)
  2. Her bed time increased to 7.45pm
  3. She can choose her school snack (from a prescribed list)

She said she'd rather give up those three and not have to do the first three!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Our seven year old is currently struggling with behaving badly on Tuesday and having his DS and computer access removed for one week.

This morning he said, oh, it's Saturday tomorrow, the week is over, so I can go on Club Penguin.

I disabused him of that notion, a week is seven days, and now he is in floods of tears worried about his Puffle running away.

Kelloggsville said...

won't she get to go to Brownies now too...that has to be a plus!

Maggie May said...

Seven seems to be a good age and I think your rules are fair!
I can remember my seventh birthday and 2 cards that I got in the shape of a seven with budgies on them and they were green identical ones!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Working Mum said...

Kelloggsville - you are quite right; my very next post!

Polly said...

I remember when I turned 10, my mum told me I was now old enough to make my bed, which I thought was great for about 1 day and have hated that rule ever since!!

Lorraine The Party Times said...

My seven year old needs some rules!!! Will start with your list and then add another hundred or so - should just about cover it!

Alcoholic Daze (ADDY) said...

You'll have to call in ACAS. This is dangerous territory. Lol.