Well, when daughter turned 7 last month we instigated some new rules:
- Use knife and fork properly
- Tigger to stay in bedroom (to prevent thumb sucking)
- No getting up again after being put to bed (it was starting to become a habit)
It seems that these rules are not acceptable to her.
I did point out that other things changed when she turned seven:
- Her pocket money went up to 70p per week (it's always ten times her age)
- Her bed time increased to 7.45pm
- She can choose her school snack (from a prescribed list)
She said she'd rather give up those three and not have to do the first three!