Sunday, 24 April 2011

Pony Party Take 2

Yesterday was daughter's 7th birthday party and she requested the same pony riding party that she had last year. ( Well, she would, wouldn't she?)

So eleven children mounted their ponies and set off for a little trek before enjoying a birthday tea.

Perfect!

No cooking or catering (except the cake), no entertaining to do, no clearing up and no washing up.

My kind of birthday party!

Unfortunately, I put husband in charge of photos this year and he hasn't yet grabbed the concept of digital photography, ie he spends ages trying to get the best shot and misses it, rather than taking 12 photos of the same thing thus ensuring that one of them is a really good one (my preferred method of photography!).

Anyway, here are a few good pictures he got of the birthday girl:
(I've blurred the other children's faces, it's not his bad photography!)





Hmmm, seem to have a bit of deja vu about this post........

(see Pony Riding Party Bliss)


4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a fab party, even if it second time around. Our record is three years in a row: C was taken on a Thomas train for his second birthday, asked for it again on his third (we were amazed he remembered!), then again on his fourth. We finally put our foot down on his fifth and pointed out he didn't HAVE to go on Thomas just because it was his birthday. So he had a party at Adventure Zone (to be honest, that was his first party, it was just us up till then) and the spell was broken!

Maggie May said...

That seems a perfect party for little girls.
I think my grandchildren have always had a party away from home with individual activities to meet their needs of the era.
When I think back to all the parties I had at home & the mess and damage to toys & property......
There was no choice then.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Lorraine The Party Times said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Kelloggsville said...

My daughter had swimming parties 3 years running. Why worry if it's what they want and they enjoy it. I generally ask to go to the same place for my birthday treat year after year. :) it all looks like lovely fun, you were very lucky with the weather. I think the photography approach is a man thing!