Thursday, 14 April 2011

Easter Holiday Stuff

It's the Easter Holiday! Yay!

I actually broke up last week, but due to pure exhaustion (see last post) I haven't blogged about it until now.

Having slept and regained some of my energy I've done a bit of gardening, walking, shopping and baking and I've finally finished making a Blurb book of our trip to Disney last Easter (only taken me a year!). I've also been for a bike ride on my new bike, even if it was only to the local cafe for breakfast; so much nicer when someone else makes it and no washing up!

Last night daughter had a friend over for her first ever sleepover. Was I mad? Two screaming six year olds too overexcited to sleep. Didn't help that husband had told daughter that they could have a midnight feast and they were determined to stay awake to have it at midnight! Luckily, clever mummy had removed the clocks from the room and managed to convince them it was midnight at 10pm. They had their feast, brushed their teeth and then went to sleep content that they'd had a midnight feast!

So, with another fortnight ahead of me I'm going to enjoy this holiday seeing friends, singing at the Bridgewater Hall and organising daughter's 7th birthday party. How did that come round so soon?

And the best bit of the Easter Holiday.......... only nine more days until I can eat chocolate again!

4 comments:

BNM said...

Can't believe you've been broken up for a week - I am off from next Thursday, one kid off tomorrow and the other one not!!

Have a fun Easter

BNM

Maggie May said...

That was a brilliant deception!
Bristol schools broke up last Friday!
Weather could be better.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Kelloggsville said...

I think the art is to give up on the idea of it involving sleep and they become a whole lot easier to deal with :) Good call on the early midnight though, putty in your hands :)

Ditzy Mummy said...

You're brave, still avoiding my 6 year old boy having any sleep overs. Keep telling him I have too many children, I don't need anymore!! Love the changing the clocks, I've done that with their bedtime when I've had a hard day.