Friday, 29 April 2011

Cakes for William and Kate


Thirty years ago, as an eleven year old, I was totally transfixed by the wedding of Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer. Today I am just as excited enjoying the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Daughter and I are watching the coverage on the BBC and oohing and aahing over the outfits, the Abbey and the horses, joining in the hymn singing and relishing this little bit of history being made.

Husband is jet washing the patio.

Of course, to celebrate the day I have made some special cupcakes:



The cakes are a mixture of raspberry, bluebery and vanilla sponge cakes (red, white and blue, get it?) and then patriotically decorated with Regal ice, vanilla buttercream, red, silver and blue glitter and plenty of union jacks.

I bet husband won't turn his nose up at them!


Congratulations William and Kate!

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

What is it with men? They don't often want to watch a wedding or anything to do with the Royals.
I had a lovely time watching. Thought it was great.
Your cakes do them justice!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

gigi said...

They are a gorgous couple and they had a beautiful wedding!

Saz said...

wot a lovely display...
saz x

Catharine Withenay said...

They look great! How wonderfully patriotic (and usually I don't like that very much) (but then again, I do like cake...)

Like your husband, mine was in the garden whilst the kids and I oohed and aahed. It was a beautiful occasion and a wonderful day.